[SOLVED] brand new pc won’t connect to displays

Oct 20, 2020
Hello!

I just got my new computer in the mail. I bought a prebuilt one off of ebay:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Onfite-Gami...6&pageci=e0b626d0-afaa-47cf-927b-6893f751b44b

I just started it up for the first time and it all seems to be working well, however my computer will not detect my monitor. I have an LG 22MN430H-B monitor and have tried on a tv as well with hdmi connection. There’s only one slot for hdmi on my computer that plugs directly into gpu. I’ve tried unplugging and replugging some things inside the computer, tried different cords, and took out and put the ram back in.

I know bare minimum about computers (hence why I bought a prebuilt one) and would appreciate any help!

Solution
since its got bounced around in the mail open up the side panel see if the cable on top on the graphics card is still plugged in good it will side in with a little pressure and click in well sometimes lol ,, make sure the graphics card is seated well, is what i would check first I found a video that should help you with this procedure Youtube LInk if that fails ,,, your cpu has onboard graphics so you can also test if your motherboard iO has a hdmi port if onboard graphics works ,,,,, there's a small chance they didn't enable the card in bios or that was even necessary if all this has failed Id file a ticket for a return to you seller ,,, hopefully they honor it ,, or see if ebay...

Mike2009

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
since its got bounced around in the mail open up the side panel see if the cable on top on the graphics card is still plugged in good it will side in with a little pressure and click in well sometimes lol ,, make sure the graphics card is seated well, is what i would check first I found a video that should help you with this procedure Youtube LInk if that fails ,,, your cpu has onboard graphics so you can also test if your motherboard iO has a hdmi port if onboard graphics works ,,,,, there's a small chance they didn't enable the card in bios or that was even necessary if all this has failed Id file a ticket for a return to you seller ,,, hopefully they honor it ,, or see if ebay will refund you as you didnt receive a working product (I wont go into judging what you bought thats your business but if you do get a refund do some research on the age of the system components your considering)

Solution