Question Brand New Power Supply, PC randomly Blacks out and reboots.

Jan 5, 2019
So recently I was playing games as usual with my power supply that I had been using for a about 1 and a half years no problem and it randomly went black and wouldn't turn back on no matter what I did. Tested with some low power ones around the house and it was no problem so the PSU was dead. Bought a brand new one that was 250Watts greater (cosair cx750m 80+ Bronze). About a day later everything running fine then blacks out and reboots immediately. I really need to know whats happening cause it seems odd to me. (yes the old PSU was on a surge protector, I tried new one on and off of a surge protector in different sockets) Still blacking out usually after about an hour and a half of straight gaming (rocket league, GPU -100%, CPU at ~40%.) I don't know what to look for in voltages so that might be an option to look at. I hope its not my MB or my CPU. (never restarts if im not gaming and never happend with old PSU)

Specs:
CPU - i3 8100
MB - Gigabyte B360M DS3H
RAM - Patriot Viper 8GB 2400MHz
GPU - RX580 8G
PSU - Cosair CX750M 80+ Bronze
Old PSU - Corsiar CX500M 80+ Bronze (dead)

So sorry if im a little reserved about just hoping your right and going and buying a new one but you know of any way to test? Also any MB that you might suggest for my setup?

You already did by getting a new PSU.

Unless you are planning a major CPU upgrade the model you have now is fine.

You can buy a new one.

However do take out the graphics card before doing anything and see if it still reboots etc.

Use the onboard graphics.

It is very possible that the OLD PSU damaged the GPU also.

Try another GPU if you have one.