[SOLVED] Brand new psu and my pc wont start

Jan 12, 2021
i just bought the EVGA 600w psu from best buy for 60 dollars. The pc kept restarting while gaming so I bought a new psu. Now when I try to start it it doesnt turn on, nothing happens. No lights no fans no nothing. Please Help me! I really want to get back to gaming.

Solution
i have no idea how to spec a pc and idk where the motherboard name is located, the cooler, the cpu, or the hardrive
To learn about power supply when you have nothing about it (no order invoice or other purchase or inventory papers), open case and find largest label on PSU casing. This label have PSU manufacturer, model, voltage and current specs printed on it. Take out PSU if label is not visible - it certainly is located at hidden opposite site.
i have no idea how to spec a pc and idk where the motherboard name is located, the cooler, the cpu, or the hardrive
To learn about power supply when you have nothing about it (no order invoice or other purchase or inventory papers), open case and find largest label on PSU casing. This label have PSU manufacturer, model, voltage and current specs printed on it. Take out PSU if label is not visible - it certainly is located at hidden opposite site.

Solution
That's a fairly low end psu but not unsafe and it's unusual to get a dead one but not impossible.

You have connected everything up as it was before??

Meaning 4 or 8 Pin atx to the top left corner of the board and 24 pin to the front centre, pci express cables to gpu and sata cable to hard drive??

May sound stupid but you have switched the psu on with the switch at the back near the mains power cable??