Question Brand NEW PSU Fan extremely loud

ADITZA888

Commendable
May 11, 2020
Hey everyone! I just got myself a 600W 80+ Bronze certification PSU thought the old one was the issue but seems like this new one also gets its fan EXTREMELY loud unusually, happened just now for 20 minutes, verrryy loud, and then it stopped for 1 minute, then it started again. The thing is that when I was removing the Case Fan from working from my PSU I stopped having the issue... now that I have gotten this new PSU, I thought plugging back the case fan cables to make it work, and seems like the issue appeared again... ideas?
Thanks!

I don't think my system demands more power than the PSU can provide.
Setup
i5 7400
GTX 1060 3gb
2x8 16 GB Ram - new
SAMSUNG 1TB SSD - new
PSU - new

Why would using my Case Fan and having it plug have to do with this very loud noise coming from the PSU Fan?

Also, do you think this issue has to do with my 20% graphics card usage in some games? 80% cpu 20% gpu....

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
What make PSU? Modular?

If modular did you reuse any cables from the original PSU?

The quality of the PSU matters and depending on load the PSU may not be able to keep up with sudden peaks in power demands.

Start here:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html

Not that you need to immediately go out and purchase a new PSU.

Objective being to apply some of the power calculators to size the wattage demands of your build.

If a component provides a range of wattages - use the high value wattage.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech

ADITZA888

Commendable
May 11, 2020
What make PSU? Modular?

If modular did you reuse any cables from the original PSU?

The quality of the PSU matters and depending on load the PSU may not be able to keep up with sudden peaks in power demands.

Start here:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html

Not that you need to immediately go out and purchase a new PSU.

Objective being to apply some of the power calculators to size the wattage demands of your build.

If a component provides a range of wattages - use the high value wattage.

Hey, new PSU is modular but I didnt use any of the cables from the old one
All this time when issue occured I was in desktop and not doing soliciting tasks just using browser thats all
I attached how it sounds like. I just turned on my PC and the next second the noise appeared.
sound

Last edited:

ADITZA888

Commendable
May 11, 2020
Hey! It's INAZA Odyssey, 600W, 120mm, 80 Plus Bronze, Full Modular
Keep in mind issue occurs only when case fan is plugged and working, if plugged off and cable removed, all fine but I need my case fan for lower temps in games

Ralston18

Titan
Also, from what I can see in the sound video, the case needs a careful cleaning.

Removing dust and debris will help with airflows and thus cooling.

If there is gunk on fan blades they can be out of balance and cause more noise.

Check for debris, loose screws, connectors, etc. as well. Vibrations add noise.

You cannot and should not open the PSU for cleaning.

ADITZA888

Commendable
May 11, 2020
Thanks for the answers. As I have removed the case fan the noise still seems to appear...
Mentioning again
2-3 months ago when I unplugged the case fan the noise stopped

ADITZA888

Commendable
May 11, 2020
Okay guys, thanks for that. You think replacing the PSU with an ACTUAL 80 + bronze at least with a 750W real one would do the job?
I ordered the
Seasonic B12 BC-750, 80+ Bronze, 750W I checked and it is legally and truly 80 + certified

ADITZA888

Commendable
May 11, 2020
Now also the CPU temperature seems to be going up to even 75 degrees after just 1 minute of booting up the pc, the degrees are increasing really fast going upwards to around 75-80...