Question Brand new PSU making wierd noise... (with video)

Jul 14, 2020
I built this PC a couple of weeks ago, i specifically didnt use HDDs so that the machine can be real quiet... But behold my diesel powered PSU.

Im a student so i couldnt go big on the PSU, this unit is from "Frisby" and it is rated for 650W 80+ (came with the case).

Please take a listen and tell me if i can solve this.
https://streamable.com/q7qu66

Furzumz

Reputable
But behold my diesel powered PSU.

I believe you found your problem. Yours takes gas, not diesel. I recommend taking it to a mechanic to have it drained and use the proper fuel

Or just get a better one because in all seriousness the power supply is the one thing you don't wanna cheap out on, I learned that the hard way recently. If a junky power supply goes out it can take out various other parts with it.

As far as that noise goes it sounds like either something is vibrating or the fan is hitting something like a wire. Or its just a awful fan.

DSzymborski

Titan
Of course you had money for a proper power supply. You just decided to prioritize quiet storage over not powering your PC with garbage.

You ought to be thankful that the first obvious sign of a cheap, dangerous PSU was an annoying sound rather than you no longer being the owner of a GPU.