[SOLVED] Brand new ram not being detected

brianwilker20

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018
I just got new 2 8gb ram sticks and only 7.95gb is being detected. In the bios it says only 8000mb of physical memory detected. I'm kinda new to all this stuff what am I doing wrong?

Motherboard: B450 Tomahawk

Processor: Ryzen 7 2700

The ram I got is XPG Z1 DDR4 3000mhz.

Solution
I just got new 2 8gb ram sticks and only 7.95gb is being detected. In the bios it says only 8000mb of physical memory detected. I'm kinda new to all this stuff what am I doing wrong?

Make sure you have the modules installed in the correct slots as indicated in the manual. It should be in slots A2/B2. |CPU Socket| |A1|A2|B1|B2| If the modules are installed in the correct slots, pull them both out and make sure the latches are fully unlatched, then place them back in and make sure the latches click when you push down on each end of the modules. Also, make sure you have the modules in the correct orientation with the notch in the middle...

brianwilker20

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018
This is a new motherboard I've had it for about a month. I've tried all the different combinations of slots and none of them seem to work. Is there something I have to enable for it to detect more ram?

Make sure you have the modules installed in the correct slots as indicated in the manual. It should be in slots A2/B2. |CPU Socket| |A1|A2|B1|B2| If the modules are installed in the correct slots, pull them both out and make sure the latches are fully unlatched, then place them back in and make sure the latches click when you push down on each end of the modules. Also, make sure you have the modules in the correct orientation with the notch in the middle lining up.

Solution