Question Brand new replaced PSU still just lights everything up and fans turn on but the screen doesnt

Apr 2, 2020
My computer wouldnt turn on but the lights/fans would turn on. All research suggests a new PSU. I have got the new one and installed it and the same problems persist.

Apr 2, 2020
I don't exactly know what they are as I brought it second-hand ages ago. I got a gtx 680, i7 corsair cpu(all I know sorry), 16gb of ram, 650w PSU. Doesn't turn on so I don't really know the spec, unfortunately. I suspect it could be something with the ram, because before this happened it blue screen'd with "unexpected kernal mode trap"

if you can't find any information regarding your own system, i wouldn't recommend trying to do any work or repairs on it yourself.

take it to a local shop and have them test your components. many will do some testing for free hoping you will ask them to do repairs or purchase new hardware from them. ask them to also give you a print out of the hardware specifications so next time you will have that info when/if needed.