Question Brand new Rtx 3070 ti failure

Mar 12, 2023
I just built my new pc and have been troubleshooting it for weeks. Everything works fine but when I put my 3070ti in the pc won’t power on. Seems like some short of short. I returned the 3070ti and they told me it was dead and I got a replacement. However after trying to install the replacement the same issue keeps happening. The rest of the computer works fine with other graphics cards but for some reason both 3070tis from inno3d short circuit. Is this some sort of compatibility problem I’m not aware of?? I’m very frustrated.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I5 12400f
Gigabyte B660 ds3h mobo
Corsair vengeance lpx 8x2 gab
Gigabyte UD850m 850watt modular power supply
All parts are brand new

Psu is fine. Since you've had old parts and probably more old cables and such, you haven't mixed psu cables yeah? You kept strictly to the new pcie supplimentary power cables the new psu came with? Don't think you did that but is a possibility and how psu brands don't follow pinout standards, reusing cables not belonging to the original psu can cause shorts.

I don't see how a 3070ti would fail like this with your specs if everything was done right, mainly cabling. It's a wonder if the doa card was returned to you instead of an actual replacement, maybe to test you out. Could return the card for a refund and go pickup a card in store.

Reactions: KyaraM
Mar 12, 2023
Psu is fine. Since you've had old parts and probably more old cables and such, you haven't mixed psu cables yeah? You kept strictly to the new pcie supplimentary power cables the new psu came with? Don't think you did that but is a possibility and how psu brands don't follow pinout standards, reusing cables not belonging to the original psu can cause shorts.

I don't see how a 3070ti would fail like this with your specs if everything was done right, mainly cabling. It's a wonder if the doa card was returned to you instead of an actual replacement, maybe to test you out. Could return the card for a refund and go pickup a card in store.
I definitely used the right cables, my old PSU wasn't modular. I'm also certain I received a different card as I handed my old one in and received a new one almost an hour later in the standard sealed packaging. I will try to return it and get a different card, although I'm worried it is something to do with my PSU and the problem will persist. Is there a possibility that the power supply is failing instead of the card? The other two cards that worked draw power through the PCIe slot, not the PSU directly.