Question Brand new RTX 6650XT not displaying

Nov 23, 2022
Hi everyone! I just bought a MSI RTX 6650 XT (https://www.newegg.com/global/uk-en...-8g-oc/p/N82E16814137737?Item=N82E16814137737) and when I put it into my computer it doesnt work
BUILD
Type: Desktop Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 X GPU: MSI RTX 6650 XT, PSU: Corsair RM 750
I have changed my GPU as my old one (1660 Super) was faulty - it kept displaying artifacts and turning on and off. But now when I put in my new GPU it doesn't display at all, though the fans seems to work.
Any idea what might cause this? The GPU is brand new straight out of the box

UPDATE: I've tried the GPU in the second PCIe slot and it works - I have absolutely no idea why, as the old (faulty) GPU still works in the first one

Last edited:

logainofhades

Titan
You left out the most important component, the make/model of your power supply. If your old GPU was giving you problems, and the new one won't even boot, it is quite likely the PSU is the culprit here. Motherboard CMOS reset isn't a terrible idea, though, just to rule out something weird going on in the motherboard settings.

What's the make/brand and Model number of your PSU ? Just make sure you have properly connected/plugged any PCI-E cables to the GPU from the power supply. Is the display screen totally black/blank ?

What about the BIOS POST screen ?

EDIT:

Me and "logainofhades" both posted simultaneously, at the exact same time stamp ! :D

Nov 23, 2022
You left out the most important component, the make/model of your power supply. If your old GPU was giving you problems, and the new one won't even boot, it is quite likely the PSU is the culprit here. Motherboard CMOS reset isn't a terrible idea, though, just to rule out something weird going on in the motherboard settings.

Sorry about that, is a Corsair RM 750 - I did try a CMOS reset but didn't seem to do anything

Nov 23, 2022
What's the make/brand and Model number of your PSU ? Just make sure you have properly connected/plugged any PCI-E cables to the GPU from the power supply. Is the display screen totally black/blank ?

What about the BIOS POST screen ?

The PSU is a Corsair RM 750 - I have tried to do a CMOS reset, made sure I plugged in the correct PCI-E cables
The screen is completely dark, as if the monitor was totally off