[SOLVED] Brand new Rx 580 nitro+ crashing

Lukina

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
Just upgraded gpu from 1050TI to rx 580 nitro+8gb but it started crashing shortly after i ran Whocrashed and it was VIDEO_TDR_ERROR that was causing to crash pc i have tried literally everything to fix it Reinstalled windows made sure temps were low 60-70 While gaming updated bios reinstalled graphics drivers thousand times no overclocking no viruses or malwares here is my pc
i5 8500
Rx 580 Nitro+ 8gb
8 gb ram DDR4
H310M-K
Psu 500 W
i am thinking about psu being not enough but i wanna try everything i can before i buy new psu

Solution
Likely the PSU. The old Deepcool models where garbage. The DE500 for example is an old design paired with cheap parts and is only rated for 300w where it counts, this is not enough for a system with an RX580.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Just upgraded gpu from 1050TI to rx 580 nitro+8gb but it started crashing shortly after i ran Whocrashed and it was VIDEO_TDR_ERROR that was causing to crash pc i have tried literally everything to fix it Reinstalled windows made sure temps were low 60-70 While gaming updated bios reinstalled graphics drivers thousand times no overclocking no viruses or malwares here is my pc
i5 8500
Rx 580 Nitro+ 8gb
8 gb ram DDR4
H310M-K
Psu 500 W
i am thinking about psu being not enough but i wanna try everything i can before i buy new psu
This is easy. You went from a nVidia to AMD. You must run DDU. Display Driver Uninstaller and do a clean and restart then install the latest Catalyst drivers and you should be good to go. Let me know ;)

TRENDING THREADS