[SOLVED] Brand new self built pc wont connect to ethernet

Aug 9, 2020
Brand new self built pc wont connect to my ethernet cable? have tried 2 different cable and there is a flashing light in the ethernet port but wont detect in device manager. Tried using a wifi adapter and that worked.

Mobo: asus rog strix b450-f gaming
cpu: ryzen 7 3800x
ram: 16gb 3600mhz corsair vengeance rgb pro

after a week now the usb wifi adapter has stopped working?? yet the other usb slots work fine with keyboard and mouse etc plugged in

Solution
I'd ask you to first source all necessary drivers from Asus's support site. Make sure you download all drivers onto a pen drive before migrating onto your desktop where you'll be installing them manually in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. Where did you source your OS installer from? Make sure you're also on the latest BIOS update for the motherbaord.

Lutfij

Titan
I'd ask you to first source all necessary drivers from Asus's support site. Make sure you download all drivers onto a pen drive before migrating onto your desktop where you'll be installing them manually in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. Where did you source your OS installer from? Make sure you're also on the latest BIOS update for the motherbaord.

Solution

kanewolf

Titan
Brand new self built pc wont connect to my ethernet cable? have tried 2 different cable and there is a flashing light in the ethernet port but wont detect in device manager. Tried using a wifi adapter and that worked.

Mobo: asus rog strix b450-f gaming
cpu: ryzen 7 3800x
ram: 16gb 3600mhz corsair vengeance rgb pro

after a week now the usb wifi adapter has stopped working?? yet the other usb slots work fine with keyboard and mouse etc plugged in
Did you fo a clean OS install with the new build?

TRENDING THREADS