brand new ssd is read only

staurulinos

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
So I bought an ssd and installed windows on it once but because i had the language setting wrong I wanted to format the disk and reinstall windows.As I was reinstalling them i accidentally deleted the system reserved partition.After the install thought everything worked fine but I quickly realised that all the files on the ssd were set to read only.

Did i screw everything up?Is there any fix to this?I tried repairing/reinstalling windows (once again) but nothing changed.

staurulinos

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012

I'm new to this and I dont know 100% what im doing but there is only 1 user, isnt that the administrator?
Also, i created an admin account and then tried giving me the ownership of the ssd but nothing changed if thats what you mean

staurulinos

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
Finished reinstalling.The drive was frozen according to secure erase i followed the instructions removing the ssd power cable and everything, did clean install of windows but still the same problem exists. Program files, program files x86 etc are all set to read only.

Seems like I'm going to try and rma it since I've already wasted about 5 hours with no results, thanks for trying to help