Question Brand new system keeps shutting down and coming back on over and over again.

Nov 24, 2019
Here's my pc specs,

Msi z390 meg ace
i9 9900k
corsair h150i pro cooler with 6 fans push pull
1tb sansung 970 evo m.2
1tb crucial m.2 drive
4tb seagate 7200 storage drive
coolermaster mb530p case
corsair ax1200i psu
msi rtx 2080 gaming trio x
not over clocked
64gb corsair pro rgb x4 16gb sticks

After playing games such as world of warships for say 15 mins my pc will shut off and make this click sound and turn on then off several times before coming back on. I've swapped power supplies and get the same thing. I've installed different ram same thing. I have a total of 9 120mm fans going at full speed 1300-1600rpm the pump is in extreme mode. The air flow in this case is great, all temps are within normal ranges. The repair shop guys are confused and so am I. Any ideas would be great. Yes I know my psu wattage is over kill but it was free and was brand new. Also windows will not install any updates and I keep getting failed to update messages.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Let's start by simplifying the build to make the issue easier to track down. Go down to a single 16 GB stick of RAM, run only a couple of the fans, and a single storage drive. Play some games and if you still have issues, try each RAM stick by itself and failing that, next play without the GPU. You've got a lot of parts in this build and the more you can isolate things, the better.

Nov 24, 2019
I’ve tried each ram module and they all tested good. I’ve disconnected the storage hdd and removed it completely since I’ll probably never use it. The os is on the m.2 drive and I’ve removed the second m.2 drive and played a game on lower settings and it shut off then popped back on. This only seems to be a gaming issue and not a casual use of the computer. I have 3 other power supplies to use, took out the ax1200 and installed an EVGA p2 1200 same result. The glu backplate was pretty hot almost too hot to touch. Maybe it’s overheating and shutting down the pc? I currently only have 1 gpu and the bord dos not have hdmi slot to test w/o a gpu. I’m watching a new gtx 1080 ti ftw 3 and a rtx 2080 ti MSI card. Do you think a different card would make any difference?