Brand New System - Lots of BSODs

zorg10

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
Hello.

Today I received my new system. I installed windows 7 and all the drivers and then discovered I had accidentally used the 32 bit disc! So I formatted the drive and rebooted with 64 bit disc and installed windows again.

Once I had done this I installed the motherboard drivers from the supplied CD. After about 15 mins during the install the computer crashed. Since then it has been randomly crashing after about 5 mins, on a variety of programs, and now it will not get past the windows logo without going blue on me.

The errors that I get are:

1) Driver IRLQ not less or equal
2) Memory management
3) Page fault in nonpaged area
4) hardware fault/malfunction/something similar
5) the generic: problem has been detected check viruses etc

I have tried removing each stick of ram individually and reinstalling windows after wiping the drive but the same thing keeps happening.

My system is as follows:

Windows 7 64 bit
Intel core i7-4770k 3.50GHz (Haswell) Socket LGA 1150 Processor - OEM
Team group Vulcan Gold 2x8GB 2133MHz C11 Dual Channel DDR3 Ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 769 2048MB
Asus TUF Z97 Gryphon Armor Edition Intel Z97 (socket 1150) DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard

It is now at the point where it just blue screens every time at the windows logo.

Any help is very much appreciated.

zorg10

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
I checked the specs on the motherboards box.

4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3 1866* / 1600 / 1333 / 1066 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory *
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
** Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).

Indeed I have been sold a system with memory that is not supported. Will phone them on Monday to get some 1866 sent out by them.

It looks like my problem is solved, but is there anything that could add to this or is that the whole issue?

Kapitalistas thank you for your help.