Brand New To Pc Building

Chief Chalk

Reputable
Feb 19, 2014
First off,

Good evening / afternoon / morning.

I have almost no experience with building a PC, barely any on what to look for in parts either. ( at least from what I think) I went around and put this together thinking it was good. Could you guys give me some advice on what is not needed or overpaying for. (I feel like $200 is way too much for 2x8gb of ram) I was hoping for somewhere around $1200 not including monitors or the other stuff, that could run games well at higher settings.

Thanks!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2VX1B

Also curious, would I have to get all of my parts from newegg/amazon for them to ship to an Air Base in Japan? or will all of the merchants ship here?

Solution
Hi,
I did i little revision on your system and was able to made it $1200 without the monitors, OS and keyboard
Parts that i changed:
-Changed the motherboard , better quality than the Gigabyte one, for less money
-Changed the RAM. Although if your sole purpose is gaming, i would go with 8Gb of RAM and no more.
-Changed the SSD. There is not much difference between the PRO and EVO versions of Samsung SSD, yet the EVO is cheaper
-Changed the PSU to XFX 650w
-Removed the Thermal paste, since the stock cooler comes with pre-applied paste.
-Added after market CPU cooler to allow better cooling and overclocking

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core...

maurelie

Honorable
Hi,
I did i little revision on your system and was able to made it $1200 without the monitors, OS and keyboard
Parts that i changed:
-Changed the motherboard , better quality than the Gigabyte one, for less money
-Changed the RAM. Although if your sole purpose is gaming, i would go with 8Gb of RAM and no more.
-Changed the SSD. There is not much difference between the PRO and EVO versions of Samsung SSD, yet the EVO is cheaper
-Changed the PSU to XFX 650w
-Removed the Thermal paste, since the stock cooler comes with pre-applied paste.
-Added after market CPU cooler to allow better cooling and overclocking

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($199.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($114.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Elite 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($119.99 @ Microcenter)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($82.95 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($87.50 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($309.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: NZXT Phantom (White) ATX Full Tower Case ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1145.35
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-19 05:19 EST-0500)

About the shipment, i have no idea if they ship to an Air Base in Japan :)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS