Brand new XFX 7950 DD crashing.

sammyboy2

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
I just got it and installed it into my PC, I happy and it ran fine, then I opened firefox and crash, played a game crash, go on internet again and it keeps crashing. I went on windows properties and removed the drivers and reinstalled the new catalyst thing from amd website and again no to avail. I'm completely cluelesss and have no idea what is causing the problem and I hope to god that the card is not screwed because I was looking so forward to getting this card and gaming. PS i took the card out and reinserted it again and still no good.

Please help I'm desperate:p
Thanks

Hello,

As per above poster we need more information. I also have the XFX DD 7950.

What was your previous video card anyways?

Edit: If you had an NVIDIA card previously - I will blame the drivers (you might need driver sweeper).

sammyboy2

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
I had no card before only intergrated with an AMD cpu, I would be doing something and the whole pc freezes and the screen goes black, when I get back on after a restart windows states that it was a bluescreen.

sammyboy2

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
No no offence taken, I feel rather silly myself asking such a question but I'm out of ideas and generally not "the best" at software, Thanks Il' do that and tell you how it goes.

sammyboy2

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
gpuzbg.gif

Also if it is any help I was able to get into crysis at one point and ran it at max settings at high fps with good temps + fan speed. I think its just a driver problem.

Nethfel

Honorable
May 7, 2012
I'm having similar problems. Do you have Flash or KLite installed (or both?) I had the problem when I had KLite installed (no Flash), uninstalled KLite and it worked fine. Later, I installed Flash and the problem came back again (this was on a fresh system install CCC 12.4) - For humors sake, see if uninstalling KLite and/or Flash fixes your problems with stability?