Brand New XPS Laptop (with non-upgrade Win 10) Getting Hit with Page Fault in Non-Paged Area BSOD

Macjeeves

Reputable
Sep 24, 2015
Hi,

I have just received a brand new Dell XPS Laptop, and have been getting the aforementioned BSOD's, specifically while running uTorrent (I know, I know, but I DL game mods through it, not using it for anything sketchy). Anyway, I am not so concerned about not being able to run the application, I am more concerned that there may be a hardware or system issue, and that the problem will get worse with time.

I have run BlueScreenView, and the fault seems to lie with ntoskrnl.exe each time. I am running MemTest86+, and it has run the first two passes with no errors (yet).

Is there anything else I can try? Any advice would be helpful, as I would prefer to fix the issue myself so that I am not without a computer at school for any longer than I already have been.

The computer is an XPS 13 (non-touch display), an 15-5200u CPU, and the 256GB hardrive and 8GB ram upgrades.

Macjeeves

Reputable
Sep 24, 2015

So I have actually already run the online driver diagnostic tool multiple times, and what it does is tell me to download and install the Intel Management Engine Components Driver over and over, even though I have already downloaded and installed it. It would not initially install automatically, so I had to find the .exe and install manually. The driver diagnostic does not seem to recognize this, however.

I uninstalled McAfee before even setting up the trial (first thing I did on the computer, and did a once over with iobit uninstaller to try and remove anything left over (there wasn't anything).

Macjeeves

Reputable
Sep 24, 2015
The problem is tentatively fixed. MemTest showed no issues, but after running DriverVerifier, I was able to pin the (a) cause of the BSOD on my Realtek PCIE Reader driver, which I was able to update through the Device Manager. Hopefully this will stick.

iJutsu

Reputable
Nov 10, 2015

I have the exact same XPS with same Issue, tried to update the driver and no errors so far... THANKS!
Update: strange, but after about an hour(longer then usually) I had the error again and again, so I guess it didn't help... :/