Question Brand recommendation for GPU 4060 ti

Dec 3, 2023
Hello, can someone give me a recommendation or an opinion about a certain brand and what is the difference between them, for a GPU 4060ti.
I thought of an ASUS TUF, ASUS DUAL or ZOTAC, what do you think? If you have other opinions about other brands, please let me know.

Crowii

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2014
Years ago most people could recommend a small handful of brands internationally that you'd be almost guaranteed a good experience, these days I'd say that ended with a bang with EVGA being the last one where they straight up left the GPU market.

You're best off doing your due diligence looking through 3rd party reviews for individual models from different, and what quirks they might have. Even under the same brand, different models can have wildly different quality. If customer service is something you care about, look up reviews that have had to go through it within your region - all the brands these days have different customer service and practice depending on your region.

My completely anecdotal experience with 40 and 30 series:
  • Gigabyte: Consistently drops the ball from build quality, to firmware, software and customer service.
  • Asus: TUF models "good before modding, excellent after" being more prevalent on the higher end, DUAL and ROG versions working well. The DUAL series is easy to recommend.
  • MSI: Questionable QC on lower end models, sometimes duds like the Ventus 2X/3X vs 2X E/3X E that brought fixes. Higher end models work.
  • Zotac: Cost savings, but no discernible problems considering you know you're paying for less mass in that cooler.
  • Inno3D: Same story as Zotac.
  • Palit: Same story as Zotac.
  • PNY: (This was years ago) jank software, particularly for RGB that may never work properly, but otherwise functioning.

Dec 3, 2023
You're best off doing your due diligence looking through 3rd party reviews for individual models from different, and what quirks they might have. Even under the same brand, different models can have wildly different quality. If customer service is something you care about, look up reviews that have had to go through it within your region - all the brands these days have different customer service and practice depending on your region.
Thats true, i will look at reviews from my country.
My completely anecdotal experience with 40 and 30 series:
  • Gigabyte: Consistently drops the ball from build quality, to firmware, software and customer service.
  • Asus: TUF models "good before modding, excellent after" being more prevalent on the higher end, DUAL and ROG versions working well. The DUAL series is easy to recommend.
  • MSI: Questionable QC on lower end models, sometimes duds like the Ventus 2X/3X vs 2X E/3X E that brought fixes. Higher end models work.
  • Zotac: Cost savings, but no discernible problems considering you know you're paying for less mass in that cooler.
  • Inno3D: Same story as Zotac.
  • Palit: Same story as Zotac.
  • PNY: (This was years ago) jank software, particularly for RGB that may never work properly, but otherwise functioning.
Thank u for ur opinion, I will consider it.

TRENDING THREADS