Question Brand spanking new AMD Ryzen 7 3700x does not go above 540mhz

May 3, 2020
I have just built my first ever computer and all seemed to have gone well until I actually started the computer and found that even when playing graphically non-intensive games like CS:GO, my frames were stuttering out of control. Even when browsing google chrome, my computer is slower than my other, 7 year old computer. I made sure I updated to all of the latest mobo drivers on the MSI website, and the latest BIOS. I made sure I had the most recent drivers for my graphics card as well. I have checked my temperatures many times while idle and while gaming and the cpu never goes above 50 celsius. Using Ryzen Master I found that it never goes above ~540 mhz. This has become extremely frustrating and no amount of googling seems to help. Any and all advice for troubleshooting and fixing would be greatly appreciated

For reference my specs are as such:
GPU: Geforce RTX 2060 Super
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
RAM: corsair vengeance pro 16gb
SSD: 1tb mx500
MOBO: MSI MPG x570 gaming plus

I have just built my first ever computer and all seemed to have gone well until I actually started the computer and found that even when playing graphically non-intensive games like CS:GO, my frames were stuttering out of control. Even when browsing google chrome, my computer is slower than my other, 7 year old computer. I made sure I updated to all of the latest mobo drivers on the MSI website, and the latest BIOS. I made sure I had the most recent drivers for my graphics card as well. I have checked my temperatures many times while idle and while gaming and the cpu never goes above 50 celsius. Using Ryzen Master I found that it never goes above ~540 mhz. This has become extremely frustrating and no amount of googling seems to help. Any and all advice for troubleshooting and fixing would be greatly appreciated

For reference my specs are as such:
GPU: Geforce RTX 2060 Super
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
RAM: corsair vengeance pro 16gb
SSD: 1tb mx500
MOBO: MSI MPG x570 gaming plus
Use HWinfo.

TRENDING THREADS