Question Breadboarding - No need to jump PWR Switch?

Bebe1980

Commendable
Jul 3, 2019
Bit weird this... I have an old mobo out breadboarding...

Wouldn't start ... took out the cpu and memory and to cut a long story short... it now starts without me needing to touch the PWR Switch pins with the screwdriver.

I've added back the cpu (no hsf) and memory and a graphics card and it's still coming on... doesn't come on and shut down - just comes on and...then I switch off the psu.

Haven't attached a hdd or output... but perhaps someone more knowledgeable can tell me how is it starting up without me jumping the pins?

Bit weird this... I have an old mobo out breadboarding...

Wouldn't start ... took out the cpu and memory and to cut a long story short... it now starts without me needing to touch the PWR Switch pins with the screwdriver.

I've added back the cpu (no hsf) and memory and a graphics card and it's still coming on... doesn't come on and shut down - just comes on and...then I switch off the psu.

Haven't attached a hdd or output... but perhaps someone more knowledgeable can tell me how is it starting up without me jumping the pins?
Is there an option in BIOS to 'restore power after AC power loss'? It's usually set on for running the system unattended, as for a server that you'd want to re-start after a power glitches. It may have been turned on somehow.

Bebe1980

Commendable
Jul 3, 2019
Is there an option in BIOS to 'restore power after AC power loss'? It's usually set on for running the system unattended, as for a server that you'd want to re-start after a power glitches. It may have been turned on somehow.

I don't know but I can give you an update...

When I attach the hsf to the board cpu fan power it's ok...

When I plug the hsf in fully and put pressure on the cpu everything stops working...

After I take the cpu out and put it in again without hsf... it powers on again