[SOLVED] Breaker Tripping on a Specific map in only one game

zed8drift

Prominent
Jan 11, 2019
Hello!
I do not play a lot of games, usually just play valorant and other less-intensive games, but I was trying to COD Cold War beta this weekend and I had a very interesting event happen. Every time I load onto a specific map, about a minute into it my breaker trips. I live in an apartment and the breaker is for the "side" bedroom, which is where my pc is, the main bedroom, and the bathroom. This does not and has not happened with ANY other game ever, not even on any map in COD MW, which to me makes it even weirder since the games are comparable on performance of pc.
On this circuit there are:
In bathroom-
The lights and fan from bathroom, they are automatic and are usually on because the motion sensor goes through the mirror
In main bedroom-
The two lamps in the bedroom, a sound machine , and a fan, both lights were off at the time the sound machine and fan were on.
In spare - (this is where most of the technology is at)
Connected to an APC psu- My computer, Two monitors, my nintendo switch and an led light(off at the time)
Then my internet router and modem are also connected in the room

These rooms are on a 15A, 120V breaker, so that would make it where I would have to go over 1800W in order to trip it correct? Which is more than double what my computer can pull leaving tons of headroom for monitors, light etc.? I literally can't figure out why a single map in a game in beta trips my breaker, and I would like to play more tonight but my girlfriend was getting annoyed while she was sleeping that I would be having to turn back on and off the soundmachine and the fan in the room.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Computer Specs:
AMD 2600
GTX 1070ti
Evga 750W gold (~2 years old)
ASUS Tuf B450 plus

Last edited:
Solution
Yes it's a battery backup/ surge protector by APC.

Yeah, that was going to be a suggestion.
Are you certain the backup is rated properly?

I lived in a home that had a poorly replaced electrical system. There were a lot of breakers, but really only two circuits in the whole house. It was a real jack job.
Anyway, I had to make decisions as to what I could run at the same time or it would brown out, trip breaker, etc.

Try little things first. Turn off second monitor. Move the charger for the game system, move the noise machine, things like that.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Especially in Apt buildings there is no telling what else may "really" be on that line, or what gauge wire is run, nail through it, etc.

Just about the only thing you can do is to migrate equipment off that circuit until it becomes stable.
By APC you mean battery/line conditioner?

zed8drift

Prominent
Jan 11, 2019
Especially in Apt buildings there is no telling what else may "really" be on that line, or what gauge wire is run, nail through it, etc.

Just about the only thing you can do is to migrate equipment off that circuit until it becomes stable.
By APC you mean battery/line conditioner?

Reactions: punkncat

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador

Yeah, that was going to be a suggestion.
Are you certain the backup is rated properly?

I lived in a home that had a poorly replaced electrical system. There were a lot of breakers, but really only two circuits in the whole house. It was a real jack job.
Anyway, I had to make decisions as to what I could run at the same time or it would brown out, trip breaker, etc.

Try little things first. Turn off second monitor. Move the charger for the game system, move the noise machine, things like that.

Solution