Bricked gpu. Is there any way back?

nenadilievski72

Commendable
Mar 5, 2018
I was messing arround with old gpu. Nvidia 7100gs. I was flashing rom (just for fun) and i accidentaly used rom from other gpu. Now when i use 7100gs the computer doesnt turn on, the screen stays black. I can power it on cuz it has integrated gpu. Can i get it back to life?

nenadilievski72

Commendable
Mar 5, 2018

I did backup. But how to reflash?when i plug the 7100gs it wants to boot from that one and diseables that gpu in bios.

nenadilievski72

Commendable
Mar 5, 2018

Im using g31 m3 v2 mobo and i cant find that option. Any help there?

Oh. That is very old hardware. Like 12-13 years old. Probably will not have the necessary BIOS settings available.
And the motherboard has only single PCIE slot, so you can't connect another graphics card.

Well - if iGPU gets disabled and there are no BIOS options to enable it, then you're out of options. Sorry.

nenadilievski72

Commendable
Mar 5, 2018

Ok so i will take the gpu to a friends pc. He more pci-e slots. What exactly should i do?
How to choose to boot from his gpu not mine and how to choose to flash my gpu not his?

nenadilievski72

Commendable
Mar 5, 2018

i mean i will use two pci-e gpus. thats why i asked How to choose to boot from his gpu not mine and how to choose to flash my gpu not his?

nenadilievski72

Commendable
Mar 5, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from nenadilievski72 : "choosing witch gpu to flash with nvflash"

i will be recovering nvidia gpu from state bricked xD. i will be using one more nvidia gpu as display to boot into the system so how to choose witch gpu to flash? i dont want to brick the other one too. thx for your time :)

bignastyid

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from nenadilievski72 : "Reflashing gpu with another pcie gpu"