Question Bricked MOBO From a Friend Can I Fix it?

Hemi57L

Reputable
Nov 30, 2015
I got a MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon from a friend who attempted a BIOS update so it could run a 9th gen chip. He said it said it completed, when it rebooted the screen was black and that was the end of it. It's now in my possession. I noticed 1 bent pin in the socket, fixed it with a sewing needle. I noticed the board has a soldered BIOS chip but has a JSPI1 port. What can I use to flash a bios onto this? I don't have DDR4 ram yet or a compatible chip. Is this worth doing?

I'd like a list of hardware necessary with links to complete this. I'd prefer US links.

I got a MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon from a friend who attempted a BIOS update so it could run a 9th gen chip. He said it said it completed, when it rebooted the screen was black and that was the end of it. It's now in my possession. I noticed 1 bent pin in the socket, fixed it with a sewing needle. I noticed the board has a soldered BIOS chip but has a JSPI1 port. What can I use to flash a bios onto this? I don't have DDR4 ram yet or a compatible chip. Is this worth doing?

I'd like a list of hardware necessary with links to complete this. I'd prefer US links.
RMA the board if it's still be under warranty. The warranty applies to the hardware and not original purchaser. You usually need proof of purchase whether the board was traded or not. If it was just a botched bios update, which happens often, they will probably fix it and send it back with the newest bios.