[SOLVED] Bricked my Raden R7 360

Jan 15, 2020
Hello and good day/night to everyone!

I managed to brick my GPU by flashing its BIOS via ATIFLASH. It all went well until the progress bar got stuck at 50% and when that happend I got black screen, restarting the PC I get no display, no POST beeps nothing. Only when I remove my GPU my PC boots fine. I managed to connect my GPU back again with iGPU right now I am using iGPU hence my dedicated is bricked. Is there any solution for this? I red somewhere I need to eneter DOS and flash GPU BIOS from there?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

This is GPU Image can you guys help me and locate the BIOS chip? Thank you.

Solution
Every single GPU I ever had I always wanted to have everything upto-date. I downloaded BIOS from official page of Gigabyte I never had problems until now. I tried everything. Is there any workaround? Thanks for the reply.
EDIT: Every GPU I had I always flashed latest BIOS with no problems from R7 240, HD5750 all the way to GTX 680

They do download driver updates, but I have not seen any video card come up with a message to update the firmware or try to download the firmware. Yes you may be able to boot the system using a boot disk and flash the BIOS that way, if you do a web search you will find some things to try, you are not the first person this happened to, although most other people were using modded BIOS images or had...
This is why you don't goof with flashing vBIOS unless you're ok with the possibility of bricking the card (especially if it doesn't have a dual vBIOS switch)

Anyway, I see this as the perfect opportunity to get a new modern GPU. Clearly you were messing with the vBIOS of your current GPU under the assumption you were going to magically increase its performance because you felt you need more.

Reactions: noke1999
Jan 15, 2020
This is why you don't goof with flashing vBIOS.

Anyway, I see this as the perfect opportunity to get a new modern GPU. Clearly you were messing with the vBIOS of your current GPU under the assumption you were going to magically increase its performance because you felt you need more.
Every single GPU I ever had I always wanted to have everything upto-date. I downloaded BIOS from official page of Gigabyte I never had problems until now. I tried everything. Is there any workaround? Thanks for the reply.
EDIT: Every GPU I had I always flashed latest BIOS with no problems from R7 240, HD5750 all the way to GTX 680

They do download driver updates, but I have not seen any video card come up with a message to update the firmware or try to download the firmware. Yes you may be able to boot the system using a boot disk and flash the BIOS that way, if you do a web search you will find some things to try, you are not the first person this happened to, although most other people were using modded BIOS images or had mining cards they wanted to flash a normal BIOS to.

For firmware/BIOS updates unless there is a specific issue you are trying to fix it's better to just leave it alone.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution
There is a chance as like you said your in windows and the card is attached to computer. You did make a quick copy of you Original Cards BIOS with GPUZ right?

If not that sticker that's about ready to fall off your card is where you will need to search internet for correct BIOS off that information.

Jan 15, 2020
They do download driver updates, but I have not seen any video card come up with a message to update the firmware or try to download the firmware. Yes you may be able to boot the system using a boot disk and flash the BIOS that way, if you do a web search you will find some things to try, you are not the first person this happened to, although most other people were using modded BIOS images or had mining cards they wanted to flash a normal BIOS to.

For firmware/BIOS updates unless there is a specific issue you are trying to fix it's better to just leave it alone.
Thanks for replying. I did try to restore BIOS but in AtiFlash says Adapter not round plus I have backup BIOS still does not work.

Jan 15, 2020
There is a chance as like you said your in windows and the card is attached to computer. You did make a quick copy of you Original Cards BIOS with GPUZ right?

If not that sticker that's about ready to fall off your card is where you will need to search internet for correct BIOS off that information.
Yes I have original BIOS I luckily saved it. But it’s no use I get Adapter not found in AtiFlash on windows and on DOS. Tried using iGPU to flash the BIOS for the GPU still doesn’t work Adapter not found, I only have one GPU slot. I’d like to short 1+8 pin chip but I cant find that chip on my GPU

This is where you should go to the forums for Video cards and bios flashing as there you will get the specialty information and the experts there will have the non normal answers to walk you through. I have did what your trying to do on a RX 470 reference card.

I was able to follow off there well written forms and that 470 is well and happy now. I will see if I can remember the exact site but a quick google search should get you there.