[SOLVED] Bricked rx 5600 xt

Goorath

Honorable
Jun 5, 2016
Hey guyz, need some serious help with this..
Just bought an rx 5600xt (sapphire dual fan) and played with bioses.. i modified a memory timings via red bios editor and flashed the bios.. it went ok but now the PC won't even post with the gpu in the system. No beeps, nothing.
If it would just post!! i would use my flashdrive and revert it back to its default vbios but that way i am pretty much stuck and helpless.
I am afraid of RMA but looks like it's the only way..
Any ideas???

Solution
If it’s not an official BIOS I would not expect an RMA to be successful. Flashing gpu VBIOS is something to be avoided unless absolutely necessary as you can end up in this situation.

I have never done this but I have read of a method. My understanding is you need another AMD gpu and to install it as the primary gpu, it has the monitor connection. Then install the gpu with the bricked VBIOS in a spare pcie x16 slot. This hopefully allows you to boot the pc and run the VBIOS flash process which should find both cards. Just be extremely careful that you flash the correct gpu.
If it’s not an official BIOS I would not expect an RMA to be successful. Flashing gpu VBIOS is something to be avoided unless absolutely necessary as you can end up in this situation.

I have never done this but I have read of a method. My understanding is you need another AMD gpu and to install it as the primary gpu, it has the monitor connection. Then install the gpu with the bricked VBIOS in a spare pcie x16 slot. This hopefully allows you to boot the pc and run the VBIOS flash process which should find both cards. Just be extremely careful that you flash the correct gpu.

Solution

Goorath

Honorable
Jun 5, 2016

Negative sir, it won't post even with dual cards since when the bricked one is there, it won't just boot.. btw solved this, the card has bios switch i did not see him before..
Now i have another problem.. team red miner reports high memory temps (100°C +) but i will post different thread

TRENDING THREADS