Question Bridged mobile internet on PC

heimanotareleesti

Distinguished
May 8, 2011
Hi

I have phone internet shared on PC.

I'm quite sure I've done everything right according to that I have bridged WLAN router and network card on Windows 10.

Problem is, when I shut down PC and start again and connect phone again to pc, computer won't recognize internet no more, but I have to break down the bridging and make it again as new - if I want to use internet.

Troubleshooting of Windows gives some IP-address related problem.

Can this be related to my usage of VPN? (Open VPN)

According to my knowledge, this ain't no computer hardware problem, but software.

Has someone solution, so that I wouldn't have to make the bridge again everytime I start up my computer?

I think, does the VPN some way 'fool' Windows about the IP address? Can VPN be added to the bridging? VPN is shown in Windows network settings as 'OpenVPN TAP-Windows6'.

Thanks
Matias

heimanotareleesti

Distinguished
May 8, 2011
Okay, I tried this - and it is like that: it don't matter, is VPN on or off. Somehow network always appears as new network (network 6, 7, 8 or nine...) on Windows. Maybe this is why Windows don't remember the internet of phone? Ideas?

Nice Nicer

Commendable
May 24, 2021
I' be had a similar problem, only with a 5 GHz antenna at the pc though, so I switched back to 2.4 GHz , because there ' s not much of a difference in my case. Which frequency do you use for connecting to your mobile network ? I think this is an issue with drivers for some antennas in combination with windows 10.