[SOLVED] Bridged router gives slow speed

May 3, 2020
Setup is
WANRouter---wlan--->Router---cable---> PC

I'm having consistent 30Mb/s but i should get 50Mb/s
With a wireless usb adapter i get consistent 50Mb/s
I used to have 50Mb/s with the router but i had to 30-30-30 reset because its wifi was sorta freezin and stoping, in some specific moments, not very often. And now i notice that.
Also, even with 50Mb/s i was having lag in Dota 2.

WANRouter: Sagemcom Fast3890
Router: TL-WR841n

Solution
Hard to say there is not much you can really change. Wifi will attempt to use the fastest encoding both devices support. It is likely there is some difference between the usb device and the router. In the end it really doesn't matter why you can't do much about it anyway. Your only option would be to try a different placement of the router maybe the signal is slightly stronger in one part of the room or another.
Why are you using a router as a wifi adapter. It really is not much different than a USB wifi adapter except it is connected via ethernet.
It could be that the adapter you used before supported 802.11ac and could run faster than that router which only supports very basic 802.11n.

May 3, 2020
im using it as a repeater and because i want the usb adapter in another PC.
Both supports exactly this:
IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b

Last edited:
Hard to say there is not much you can really change. Wifi will attempt to use the fastest encoding both devices support. It is likely there is some difference between the usb device and the router. In the end it really doesn't matter why you can't do much about it anyway. Your only option would be to try a different placement of the router maybe the signal is slightly stronger in one part of the room or another.

Solution