Question Bright Colours Now Jagged While Everything Else Is Clear. Any Suggestions?

Feb 20, 2019
Before looking at the image below, it's just a quick reference to show what I see, since taking a screenshot does not show the problems. Example being the in-game screenshot shown would show to be perfectly fine when the screenshot is shown and shared elsewhere. The monitor I am having troubles with is the BenQ Zowie XL2430, conneted to my GTX 1070 via Display Port.

Now for me to explain my problem:

This just started happening a few days ago. Not sure of anything that triggered it or how it would have happened. Just went to my Computer Room one day, logged into the PC, then noticed something wasn't right. Right away I noticed jagged lines all over everything on my monitor, but it would only appear on items that where bright in colour. It was like turning off anti-aliasing in a game. The issue would seem a lot worse when the brighter colour was right beside a very dark colour. Weird thing was that everything else on the screen was perfectly fine.

After noticing this, I immediately went into my Display Settings to see if the Refresh Rate didn't switch back to 60hz or something lower. Everything seemed unchanged. I compared various things between my 2 monitors connected to the GPU to see how bad my problem monitor was. It got to a point where text on the screen was unreadable and impossible to make out. This was especially apparent if the bright text colour was in a dark background. Usually that makes bright text easier to read. Not in my case. After that I went into my monitors colour settings, from NVIDIA Control Panel and from the monitors OSD, and tried defaulting everything. Nothing seemed to help. The only thing that made everything clear on my monitor was to make colour completely absent by putting it into grayscale.

I tried many things and I'm starting to think my monitor is calling it quits. I just really hope that's not becoming true. :eek:

Other little things I tried...
  • Restaring PC.
  • Changing Display Port on GPU.
  • Making sure Drivers where updated.
  • Kissing my monitor and saying nice things to it.

Below is that image I was mentioning at the beginning:

Click Here to View Image!

If anyone has any suggestions on to solving this, please reply. It will be greatly appreciated. I'll do my best to help out with any more details you need from me. :D

Feb 20, 2019
So I'm not entirely sure, but you could try changing the settings on the monitor its self to lower the redness, or go into the Nvidia control panel and adjust from there.

Also, if you haven't already, either change the display-port cable. Or remove the graphics card and see if that effects the redness.

Feb 20, 2019
So I'm not entirely sure, but you could try changing the settings on the monitor its self to lower the redness, or go into the Nvidia control panel and adjust from there.

Also, if you haven't already, either change the display-port cable. Or remove the graphics card and see if that effects the redness.

Thanks for the reply, but I have solved my problem. :D

I noticed something weird when looking at my monitors settings. For some reason the "Colour Format" was set to YCbCr422, so I switched it back to RGB. I literally have no idea how those settings changed by themselves.

I'm an very happy that everything is back to normal again! :love:

Feb 20, 2019
Thanks for the reply, but I have solved my problem. :D

I noticed something weird when looking at my monitors settings. For some reason the "Colour Format" was set to YCbCr422, so I switched it back to RGB. I literally have no idea how those settings changed by themselves.

I'm an very happy that everything is back to normal again! :love:

Nice, good luck gamming!