Bright Fuzzy Spots on LED screen only on white/gray

tempestblayze

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2007
I just recently got a Monoprice IPS Monitor and I thought everything was fine until I started browsing a web page and saw three fuzzy white spots on the monitor.

I noticed that it only happens on a bright background and it's not even there on a black background or while playing games.

I am probably going to end up RMA'ing the monitor but I just want to know if there is a term for this and if there is anyway for me to fix it myself without voiding any warranty. I tried a stuck pixel movie for a couple of hours and it didn't work. My feeling it that it's not a pixel problem and more a panel lighting problem.

Here is an image of it. For scale the dots are a combined .5cm wide.
TXGj4sQ.jpg

Solution
I call that a 'bruised' monitor. Probably from somone pushing too hard on that place.
I have one like that, except my spots are black instead of whitish. It was already used, and very, very cheap, so I don't really care.

I don't think there is a fix. If it is sold as 'new', send it back.

USAFRet

Titan
I call that a 'bruised' monitor. Probably from somone pushing too hard on that place.
I have one like that, except my spots are black instead of whitish. It was already used, and very, very cheap, so I don't really care.

I don't think there is a fix. If it is sold as 'new', send it back.

Solution