[SOLVED] Brightness Control and Bad Keyboard Acer Aspire One PAV70

May 21, 2020
Hello Guys,

I have an acer aspire PAV70 which brighness goes down every single time. I isolated the issue to the keyboard (detached the keyboard and the issue was no more). But it is still very weird, since to lower the brightness with the keyboard you need fn + left arrow.

None of theese keys seems to be stuck or anything, i opened them and cleaned them up. I tried disabling the left arrow key with software but it appears that the fn combinations send a different signal.

My fear is that this is related to a BIOS problem too, and that replacing the keyboard wont do anything.

Solution
If everything works fine with external usb keyboard you can try update bios from acer site with your exact model number. make sure battery is atleast 50% and power cable connected, close all tabs and disable antivirus until next boot, continue with the bios update.

It is most likely the keyboard still if external works fine, just search for your model number pav70 keyboard , check that connector is right looking and that keyboard layout / language is right. Usually chepeast is from aliexpress, 2nd cheapest is ebay / amazon.

Unless you had liquid spill on the keyboard, if that is the case then you need to diagnose further
If everything works fine with external usb keyboard you can try update bios from acer site with your exact model number. make sure battery is atleast 50% and power cable connected, close all tabs and disable antivirus until next boot, continue with the bios update.

It is most likely the keyboard still if external works fine, just search for your model number pav70 keyboard , check that connector is right looking and that keyboard layout / language is right. Usually chepeast is from aliexpress, 2nd cheapest is ebay / amazon.

Unless you had liquid spill on the keyboard, if that is the case then you need to diagnose further

Solution
May 21, 2020
Great, thank you.

Yes, the only thing is ACER stopped giving support to this laptop so it doesnt have any drivers or BIOS updates for it.

Is there such a thing as a BIOS data base website where i can find it?

Thank you again.

Actually looks like your right there is no bios available, i only found main bios files which are copied from the chip directly.

If external keyboard works fine i would just get new one. Look the connector area for liquid damage first or faulty connector / pins

Last edited: