[SOLVED] brightness problem on the mac side of my dual boot computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dane47_02

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
I have a 17 inch Macbook Pro with Mac os 10.7 and Windows Ultima on it.I have a darkness problem but only on the mac side. If I push the brightness light all the way down to dark and then up one.the brightness is ok. Windows has no problems.
My trusty repairman thinks it is a software problem. If reinstalling Mac doesn't work,he will have to order a part. he is going to call me before he does that.
This computer has had a dark screen problem twice before but it was fixed under warrantee,not by him.
Does anyone have any ideas? I looked it up on the computer. Is it software or the inverter? He is going to call me before he orders so I didn't ask him what part.

Solution
This happens to my Macs too, Its either the ambient light sensor or a software glitch. There is no need to replace any parts, you don't even know what part he is replacing make sure you know what he will be doing to your computer before paying up and allowing him to do repairs

jonathan cha

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
This happens to my Macs too, Its either the ambient light sensor or a software glitch. There is no need to replace any parts, you don't even know what part he is replacing make sure you know what he will be doing to your computer before paying up and allowing him to do repairs

Solution

dane47_02

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012

dane47_02

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012

dane47_02

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Don't worry. These are the good guys. They backed up all the data I had on the mac side to another drive and tried to reinstall the mac os 4 times. They googled everything they could,even your site. When it became obvious that reinstallation wouldn't work,they restored the computer to it's original condition. They only charged me $25 and recommended against replacing parts that might not work.
I decided to leave the computer the way it is. Every time I turn it on,I will have to dial dow the bright to dark and up one. If that stops working,I'll get another computer.
I have one question for you. What did you decide to do on your macs with this unusual problem?

dane47_02

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Don't worry. These are the good guys. They backed up all the data I had on the mac side to another drive and tried to reinstall the mac os 4 times. They googled everything they could,even your site. When it became obvious that reinstallation wouldn't work,they restored the computer to it's original condition. They only charged me $25 and recommended against replacing parts that might not work.
I decided to leave the computer the way it is. Every time I turn it on,I will have to dial dow the bright to dark and up one. If that stops working,I'll get another computer.
I have one question for you. What did you decide to do on your macs with this unusual problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.