[SOLVED] Brightness slider works on one laptop, but not on the other one? Why?

dekw04

Commendable
Oct 6, 2017
Hi everyone.

I two laptops that have Windows 10 Pro on them. I can adjust the screen brightness on one of these laptops, but not on the other. Does anyone know why? Does anyone know what I can do to make this other laptop's screen brightness adjustable?

Maybe there are files on the laptop with the adjustable screen brightness that aren't currently on the laptop that won't let me adjust its screen brightness? Maybe these files are what allow the screen brightness to be adjusted. If so, can I copy said files onto the laptop that won't let me adjust its screen brightness in order to make it work properly? If this is the case, what files would I have to transfer and where would I have to put them?

Thank you.

Solution
Make and model laptops?

How are you adjusting the screen brightness on the laptop where you can successfully adjust the brightness?

Generically Windows provides a number of screen related controls.

To get there:

"WIN" + "I" > Ease of Access > Display

Leads to many related display settings.

Or just right-click an open area on the Desktop and select "Display settings" and/or "Personalize".

There may also be a Control Panel option for the Graphics card. Check there also.

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model laptops?

How are you adjusting the screen brightness on the laptop where you can successfully adjust the brightness?

Generically Windows provides a number of screen related controls.

To get there:

"WIN" + "I" > Ease of Access > Display

Leads to many related display settings.

Or just right-click an open area on the Desktop and select "Display settings" and/or "Personalize".

There may also be a Control Panel option for the Graphics card. Check there also.

Solution