Bringing a CPU on the plane..lol

Ghon19

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
Hi, haha this might sounds weird but I was wondering If I can bring a CPU(since in America these components costs like 70 dollars less than the official prices of my country, Peru.) with me on the plane. I would really appreciate all your comments.
pd: I want to bringing it in my hand luggage. Since now thanks

Solution

No you can not.

Computer components are subject to export restrictions, and cannot be exported without a licence.

You may take a laptop or other personal device with you when you travel to most countries that are not under sanction, but you must bring it back with you.

EDIT: wording

No you can not.

Computer components are subject to export restrictions, and cannot be exported without a licence.

You may take a laptop or other personal device with you when you travel to most countries that are not under sanction, but you must bring it back with you.

EDIT: wording

Solution

Baumy15

Reputable
May 12, 2014
well I know one thing it will set the metal detectors going off but unlike the idiots on border security and those other shows just be honest trust me if you are you may get away no problem (or maybe a small fine) but no where near as bad as the people who try to hide it!

just read above and that's probably true but have a look and see whats legal and whats not

Ghon19

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013

even when that's not the answer I wanted to hear, I really appreciate that you share your knowledge, thanks :)

Ghon19

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013

thanks for the reply, well its kind of annoying to hear that I guess I should buy those components here. thanks anyway

You're welcome. You may wish to contact the BIS (Bureau of Industry and Security) to obtain more information on what would be involved in legally exporting the product that you had in mind. I've brought export restricted material from the USA into Canada several times and each time I just had to sign a document declaring that I won't turn around and ship the product to a nation that's under sanction.

In addition to the export restrictions, you will have to declare the import when passing through customs on your way into Peru.

Ghon19

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013

wow that sounds sweet, I'll be looking for more information then . thanks for your time and your patience.