Bringing Vengeance LPX (CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 ) to 3200Mhz with Ryzen 2700x

henry90

Reputable
Nov 17, 2018
Hey guys,

I am trying my best to bring this ram up to its speed but I keep failing.
The ram code is CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 . It's 2 slots of 16GB each one.
The mobo is the Asrock x470 Taichi.
What I see in the BIOS is:

5BVmj0l.jpg

The current speed according to CPU-z is 1066 Mhz.. what's going wrong?

Solution
If it's rebooting multiple times after applying the XMP profile that sounds like it isn't stable and is failing to POST, eventually giving up and reverting to stock settings.

You want to put the sticks in slots A2 and B2. What CPU do you have?

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Huh, so you definitely saved/applied the settings in your BIOS when you selected the XMP profile? If the XMP profile is enabled in the BIOS, maybe try looking around to check if the DRAM voltage is actually being set to 1.35V, and set it yourself if not.

henry90

Reputable
Nov 17, 2018

Yes definitely after choosing the 3200Mhz I go on "save and restart" and then the computer reboots 2 times automatically and the 3rd time starts regularly. I was reading around though, maybe I put the ram in the wrong channels? It has something to do with Dual Channel, right? In case, can you help me understanding where should I put them according to the manual?

ZCVqVoJ.png

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
If it's rebooting multiple times after applying the XMP profile that sounds like it isn't stable and is failing to POST, eventually giving up and reverting to stock settings.

You want to put the sticks in slots A2 and B2. What CPU do you have?

Solution

henry90

Reputable
Nov 17, 2018

You were right! I have put the RAM in position A2, B2 and it went up to 1600 and therefore 3200! Thanks a lot for your help :)