British Airways Extends In-flight Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
First of all I'm English,

Second of all, British Airways are utter garbage. They're still flying planes outfitted with CRT's in the roof, the seats are awful (feels like two rods up your back) and the touchscreens in use must've been the first ones in existance.

Unless ofcourse they've saved the worst planes for flying long haul for 12 hours...

(In all honesty, I thought maybe that I was just unlucky, but after flying to China/Hong Kong numerous times, it's always the same.)

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
"However, these screens are often switched off during take-off and landing, which means we're left to entertain ourselves during those periods."

What is wrong with this planet? You need to be entertained 24/7 now?
Bring a book and READ something, talk to the person next to you (think of it as a sort of LIVE facebooking).

Look out the Window, you see something most people as of today still have not seen... the earth from higher and higher up.

..or check out the legs on the Flight attendants :)

spookie

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
[citation][nom]billybobser[/nom]First of all I'm English, Second of all, British Airways are utter garbage. They're still flying planes outfitted with CRT's in the roof, the seats are awful (feels like two rods up your back) and the touchscreens in use must've been the first ones in existance.Unless ofcourse they've saved the worst planes for flying long haul for 12 hours...(In all honesty, I thought maybe that I was just unlucky, but after flying to China/Hong Kong numerous times, it's always the same.)[/citation]

I've flown with BA and had some great experiences( from South Africa to London and to Atlanta Ga), everybody had their own screen and seats were much better than most airlines

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
*Looks around in the airplane for a power outlet because I was too cheap to buy two additional batteries for my laptop*

"What do you mean the only power outlets are in the constantly-full bathrooms?"

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Now you can zone out the moment you step on the plane.

Not really. All airlines I've tried (Qatar, Emirates, Air India, etc.) have an extremely annoying PA system that will pause your movies and music for long-ass useless advertisement that I loathe. Then they'll replay it in three different languages (not sure how it's supposed to advertise anything... the only feeling I have after seeing the ad for 2nd time is desire to smack people who came up with it)... so the only entertainment system I trust onboard is my own tablet/laptop. No one will interfere with viewing content there. I don't believe that this new entertainment system BA will use will let us bypass all the in-flight announcement/ad BS.

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
[citation][nom]billybobser[/nom]First of all I'm English, Second of all, British Airways are utter garbage. [/citation]

I've flown on BA several times, they're not perfect but much better than the crowded buss with wings that passes for flying in North America. You want a bad experience come to Canada and try the national disgrace of an airline known as Air Canada.

skyjogger

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
firstly I have no idea what this is on about, I have flown many times with different airlines and been able to watch things from on the tarmac before take off and until we are at the gate at the other end.
to qefx Air Canada would have to be one of the best airline I have flown with, their domestic planes are the best I have been on and the only better plane ive been on was a QANTAS a380. that was only better because it was a brand new plane
I flew a BA 747 earlier in the year and that was the same as any other 747 out there. what governs how good the airline is, depends on the age of the plane and there are getting more and more new planes with good lay outs

Status
Not open for further replies.