British Phone-maker Vertu Shows Off £4000 Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
I guess the sapphire crystal screen was casted off a whole sapphire in order to justify the price, right?

Right?

Oh. At least i hope this one doesn't come with fucking symbian.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Vorador2, even though the article neglects to mention the OS (bad girl Jane, BAD GIRL!) the address bar says "expensive-android-luxury-phone-vertu-constellation" so I think we can assume Android, but still would have been nice to have it in the actual story.

cypeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Some things are used to reinforce one's status, rollex watch, luxury car and so on.
If the brand is recognised as premium and expensive, quality is on second place.
Screen made of Sapphire and 4000 pounds price point tells general folk a lot,
where qhd ips, and quad cortex a9 are just meaningless clumps of letters.

It's the only reason apple is able to sell regular devices at premium prices.

OK, I'm a Yank. I thought that a four thousand pound phone weighed two tons until I looked closer. Please don't ask how my poor brain read the £ symbol and "pound" and didn't realize that it was currency. My brain is tired.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
vertu has always released outdated phones with jewels on them to make them expensive as all hell. If the phones were better than all the samsungs and apples out there AND had all the fancy stuff, Id understand(to some extent) their pricing. for me, if a phone costs 4k, it better be the best damn phone on the planet. but these are just far from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.