[SOLVED] Brix Graphic

valka1

Honorable
Feb 29, 2016
Solution
Thank you.

Just for the info. I can set up 4k 120hz sound to work when i set Default Format to 24 bit, 44100Hz (Studio Quality)

You're likely just on the edge of the bandwidth needed, so you're just barely getting it to work, but things like HDR -- which requires some overhead -- are putting you over the top.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I've never personally used this mini-PC, but it says right on the specs that the maximum support is 4K@60. And these limits and your struggles are consistent with the HDMI 2.0a specifications. The difference between 2.0 and 2.0a was basically just added support for using HDR; you didn't get the giant bandwidth increase until 2.1 (from 18 gigabits per second to 48 gigabits per second).

Reactions: valka1

valka1

Honorable
Feb 29, 2016
I've never personally used this mini-PC, but it says right on the specs that the maximum support is 4K@60. And these limits and your struggles are consistent with the HDMI 2.0a specifications. 2.0a was basically just added support for using HDR; you didn't get the giant bandwidth increase until 2.1 (from 18 gigabits per second to 48 gigabits per second).

Thank you.

Just for the info. I can set up 4k 120hz sound to work when i set Default Format to 24 bit, 44100Hz (Studio Quality)

valka1

Honorable
Feb 29, 2016
You're likely just on the edge of the bandwidth needed, so you're just barely getting it to work, but things like HDR -- which requires some overhead -- are putting you over the top.

I just read that you can output video via usb type c. Is it possible to run this specs (4K 120hz hdr) via that?

USB 3.2 type C (Gen2) w/ DP alt mode