I am trying to connect a USB Speedtouch broadband modem and getting nothing
but problems.
Could it be a problem with this on windows sp2. Anybody heard anything?
Mike

--
All mail is Checked by TREND MICRO PC-cillin Anti-Virus system
(http://www.antivirus.com).

"Michael W" <Please@replyToNewsgroupsOnly.ok> wrote...
>I am trying to connect a USB Speedtouch broadband modem and getting nothing but
>problems.
> Could it be a problem with this on windows sp2. Anybody heard anything?

It could be, but USB and broadband often just don't work. When I first got
broadband, I wanted to save the $$ of an Ethernet card, so I tried a USB hookup.
I had nothing but problems. I spent the $$ for the Ethernet card, and had 0
problems.

Go to Ethernet; you'll be much happier.

I am using a Motorola SURFboard SB5120 USB Cable Modem with WinXP with SP2.
I haven't had any problems with it. I am assuming you installed the software
before you connected the modem? This may seem simple but a lot of folks I
have talked to have connected the modem before the software. You must
install the software first.
I hope this helps.
Glenda

yes I set up as required but it seems a program called dm.exe in the set-up
procedure keeps faulting and saying it must finish, send to MS etc. I think
it may be because of this it isn't working. Had the help lines on with me
for four hours today and still no joy, no I wasn't paying, they will call
back tomorrow. thanks for the info so far though.
mike