Broadcom expands relationship with AMD

Some further developments about the Broadcom & AMD relationship. It's
possible that it's going to go beyond servers and Serverworks, it
might even be a dust-up for laptop & Centrino sales.

AMD readies Centrino killer
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=19810

Yousuf Khan

"ykhan" <yjkhan@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Some further developments about the Broadcom & AMD relationship. It's
> possible that it's going to go beyond servers and Serverworks, it
> might even be a dust-up for laptop & Centrino sales.
>
> AMD readies Centrino killer
> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=19810
>
> Yousuf Khan

Hot-swappable disks for notebooks, integrated 3D-grafics for servers?
I am all for out-of-the-box stuff, but this idea is really adventurous...
:)

K.

rush

yjkhan@gmail.com (ykhan) wrote :

> Some further developments about the Broadcom

Broadcom SUX my ass. Notorious GLP violations, no drivers for x86 (they
have platform independent drivers ready and working, but are shipping
only binary MIPS modules with their SoC total solution design).

Pozdrawiam.
--
RusH //
http://randki.o2.pl/profil.php?id_r=352019

RusH <logistyka1@pf.pl> wrote in message news:<Xns95AA8E6A5E8BBRusHcomputersystems@193.110.122.97>...
> yjkhan@gmail.com (ykhan) wrote :
>
> > Some further developments about the Broadcom
>
> Broadcom SUX my ass. Notorious GLP violations, no drivers for x86 (they
> have platform independent drivers ready and working, but are shipping
> only binary MIPS modules with their SoC total solution design).

I'm sure in this case they'll have an x86 driver or two ready. :)

Yousuf Khan

rush

yjkhan@gmail.com (ykhan) wrote :

> RusH <logistyka1@pf.pl> wrote in message
>> yjkhan@gmail.com (ykhan) wrote :
>>
>> > Some further developments about the Broadcom
>>
>> Broadcom SUX my ass. Notorious GLP violations, no drivers for x86
>> (they have platform independent drivers ready and working, but
>> are shipping only binary MIPS modules with their SoC total
>> solution design).
>
> I'm sure in this case they'll have an x86 driver or two ready. :)

I was thinking about normal OSes, sorry for not pointing that out
clearly.

Pozdrawiam.
--
RusH //
http://randki.o2.pl/profil.php?id_r=352019

mygarbage2000

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2002

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 23:05:08 +0000 (UTC), RusH <logistyka1@pf.pl>
wrote:

>yjkhan@gmail.com (ykhan) wrote :
>
>> RusH <logistyka1@pf.pl> wrote in message

>>> Broadcom SUX my ass. Notorious GLP violations, no drivers for x86
>>> (they have platform independent drivers ready and working, but
>>> are shipping only binary MIPS modules with their SoC total
>>> solution design).
>>
>> I'm sure in this case they'll have an x86 driver or two ready. :)
>
>I was thinking about normal OSes, sorry for not pointing that out
>clearly.
>
>Pozdrawiam.

With all due respect to alternative OSes, M$ Windows is where the
money is made (at least, the bulk thereof). Can't blame Broadcom -
they are firstly in the business of making money for shareholders.
Pleasing the Linux minority is quite distant on their list of
priorities - understandably so.
No offense intended

rush

"nobody@nowhere.net" <mygarbage2000@hotmail.com> wrote :

> With all due respect to alternative OSes, M$ Windows is where the
> money is made (at least, the bulk thereof). Can't blame Broadcom -
> they are firstly in the business of making money for shareholders.
> Pleasing the Linux minority is quite distant on their list of
> priorities - understandably so.
> No offense intended

So you are saing that I can rip off people and violate GPL and other
licenses with no worry just because I work for my shareholders ? Great.

Pozdrawiam.
--

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:23:57 +0000 (UTC), RusH <logistyka1@pf.pl>
wrote:

>"nobody@nowhere.net" <mygarbage2000@hotmail.com> wrote :
>
>> With all due respect to alternative OSes, M$ Windows is where the
>> money is made (at least, the bulk thereof). Can't blame Broadcom -
>> they are firstly in the business of making money for shareholders.
>> Pleasing the Linux minority is quite distant on their list of
>> priorities - understandably so.
>> No offense intended
>
>So you are saing that I can rip off people and violate GPL and other
>licenses with no worry just because I work for my shareholders ? Great.
>
>Pozdrawiam.

Well, that's what capitalism is about. If that's the way they decided
to run their business, you can do not much about it, except for taking
your money someplace else. Or, if you feel they went as far as
violating your legal rights, take them to court. But, considering the
fact that they should have lawyers on their payroll, it's highly
unlikely you could sue them successfully, otherwise somebody here in
the US would already have done that. Suing somebody for any reason or
even no reason at all (except for the desire to extract the money from
that somebody) has become the favorite pastime here ;-)