Question Broken Optical socket on LG 65 Oled TV?

Jul 23, 2021
Please can someone tell me what is required to replace the plastic cable retainer on the Optical/ Audio out socket. Any advise please.

Regards

wfgaran

Ralston18

Titan
More information needed.

Physical damage could be cosmetic, functional (will not hold/support the cable), or connectivity - no optical connection possible.

Do you know how the optical socket was broken: someone tripped/pulled the cable, the wrong connector was forced in, etc.?

The repair/ repair options likely depend on the cause of the damage: a pull or yank, a hard push while attempting a connection.

For example, the connection might work but only if someone hold the cable in place.....

Are you able to take a couple of close up photographs of the socket and plastic cable retainer?

Post here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

Please can someone tell me what is required to replace the plastic cable retainer on the Optical/ Audio out socket. Any advise please.

Regards

wfgaran

You would need to replace the whole socket, but it probably will just work if you stick the cable in and hold it in place with tape. I've done that before, and it's not likely you are removing that cable more than once a year if that.