[SOLVED] Broke my only pcie16x slot. What are my options if I want to still use my GTX 1050?

Sep 23, 2021
Hi, I dont know much, I am knew to this.
I broke it when I tried removing the gtx 1050 because I didn't press the release clamp thing properly. The covering came off exposing and damaging the pins. I just want to know if I have any other options for using my graphics card with this motherboard. The other pci slots aren't big enough for the gtx anyway. Could I get an external adapter of some kind? I do have an older MB with a 16x pcie port and a sodder iron but I dont know anything about soddering

Solution
THE MB is still working. Just want it to have a graphics card. I'll send a pic of it in few minutes na but basically what you'll see is exposed pins that are twisted and broke. What about and egpu adapter or dock?

If your transmission is dead, it doesn't matter if your tires are fine.

For external, do you have a Thunderbolt 3 connector? You've told us nothing about this motherboard despite having questions that require knowledge of the specific motherboard.

In any case, an enclosure that can capably run an external GPU is going to almost certainly cost you far more than a replacement motherboard.

USAFRet

Titan
Hi, I dont know much, I am knew to this.
I broke it when I tried removing the gtx 1050 because I didn't press the release clamp thing properly. The covering came off exposing and damaging the pins. I just want to know if I have any other options for using my graphics card with this motherboard. The other pci slots aren't big enough for the gtx anyway. Could I get an external adapter of some kind? I do have an older MB with a 16x pcie port and a sodder iron but I dont know anything about soddering
Replace the motherboard.

Pictures of this damage would help.

Sep 23, 2021
THE MB is still working. Just want it to have a graphics card. I'll send a pic of it in few minutes na but basically what you'll see is exposed pins that are twisted and broke. What about and egpu adapter or dock?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

If your transmission is dead, it doesn't matter if your tires are fine.

For external, do you have a Thunderbolt 3 connector? You've told us nothing about this motherboard despite having questions that require knowledge of the specific motherboard.

In any case, an enclosure that can capably run an external GPU is going to almost certainly cost you far more than a replacement motherboard.

Solution