Question broke off a corner - is this a problem?

need2sleep

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
I bought a new ASUS Z270 m'board and when I went to install it, a corner was bent down, about 90 degrees. I tried to straighten, and it broke off. There was a hole there, but it doesn't look like any of the standoff holes. So now there's "half a hole" there. I looked carefully with my naked eye, and could not see any lines on the board anywhere near (1/4-1/2 inch away) that corner. I do see a copper layer in both edges that remain of the corner. It is not located where a standoff point is, either.

Am I going to be OK, or do I need to buy another board?

I bought a new ASUS Z270 m'board and when I went to install it, a corner was bent down, about 90 degrees. I tried to straighten, and it broke off. There was a hole there, but it doesn't look like any of the standoff holes. So now there's "half a hole" there. I looked carefully with my naked eye, and could not see any lines on the board anywhere near (1/4-1/2 inch away) that corner. I do see a copper layer in both edges that remain of the corner. It is not located where a standoff point is, either.

Am I going to be OK, or do I need to buy another board?
Try it and see, but if you can post pictures would help.