[SOLVED] Broke something on an old motherboard. Can it be fixed?

AdamHFF

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2016
Hello. So I recently got a new GPU for my main puter and decided to put my old one in my old 8 year old computer which is also custom built. It has PCI-E 2.0 which the card is PCI-E 3.0 but I can live with that. Anyway, I broke off the thing at the end of the PCI-E card that locks it into place. I may have used too much force but it is also old. Is there a way to jerry rig this? The display isn't working right now. Am I just outta luck?

Thanks!

Solution
Hello. So I recently got a new GPU for my main puter and decided to put my old one in my old 8 year old computer which is also custom built. It has PCI-E 2.0 which the card is PCI-E 3.0 but I can live with that. Anyway, I broke off the thing at the end of the PCI-E card that locks it into place. I may have used too much force but it is also old. Is there a way to jerry rig this? The display isn't working right now. Am I just outta luck?

Thanks!
The plastic lock is not required for normal operation. I wouldn't stress about that. Look at other things for your no-display issue.

kanewolf

Titan

Thanks!
The plastic lock is not required for normal operation. I wouldn't stress about that. Look at other things for your no-display issue.

Reactions: cAllen
Solution