[SOLVED] Broke the stupid push screws for my GeForce 210 heat sink what do I do?

kryhtz

Reputable
Jan 6, 2020
So after recently troubleshooting on another thread for my 210 overheating, I was given advice and I attempted to clean the heat sink. I did. But, when I was disassembling I snapped ALL 4 of the screws because they wouldn’t come out. Should I get new plastic screws for it or should I just get a GT 730? Keep in mind, these plastic screws are on all corners of the heatsink, they are plastic spring screws.

Solution
What a nice relic you're running, I'm impressed it's lasted so long. If you can find the plastic screws, either online or your local hardware store, then by all means go for the repair route - though it might be difficult to source a product over 10 years old.

You could also go for the 730 but you would also find the 1030 for the same price around ebay or such. And they are obviously better than the 730.
What a nice relic you're running, I'm impressed it's lasted so long. If you can find the plastic screws, either online or your local hardware store, then by all means go for the repair route - though it might be difficult to source a product over 10 years old.

You could also go for the 730 but you would also find the 1030 for the same price around ebay or such. And they are obviously better than the 730.

Solution

kryhtz

Reputable
Jan 6, 2020

1030‘s are going relatively high in price right now, 90-100$ average, but thanks for the suggestion. Think I might either substitute the screws with actual metal screws that could fit the hole, or just get a 730 because of how good it runs.

kryhtz

Reputable
Jan 6, 2020
Yeah, that CPU will get pinned to 100% a lot - so it will bottleneck the gt 1030. However, you should still expect decent FPS on Roblox and even fortnite with that card.
Good News! Got a GT 710 for around 50$ at my local Micro Center, it runs like a charm and cools itself really good even under full load! (Though roblox isn't very demanding, so i would be seeing equal usage between both the CPU (C2D E7500) and the GPU (GT 710). Turns out the thermal paste on the 210 dried, and because i couldn't get a heatsink replacement, it sits by itself now, never to be used again. Waste of 30$. Also, GT 710 is perfect for ROBLOX and Fortnite if the setting are low to mid. But thanks for the help!