[SOLVED] Broken 24 pin

Dec 25, 2021
Don’t ask me how but I’ve cut into one of my cables on the 24 pin. Is it possible to solder it back together? Or do I need to find a replacement cable/buy a new psu?

Solution
I’ve tried to find the right cable but I couldn’t find it anywhere else than AliExpress. Contacted Cooler Master about it but that might take a while.
Any other option than buying a new psu?

Getting the exact right cable or a new PSU are the options.

Given how mediocre (and occasionally much worse) a lot of Cooler Master PSUs are, there's certainly a possibility you ought to get a new one anyway, depending on what exact PSU and specs you have.
Not really safe thing to do even if you are good with soldering. If the PSU is fully modular then buying new 24 pin cable is definitely best option (just make sure it is compatible with your PSU model). If it's not fully modular then you have a problem.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Don’t ask me how but I’ve cut into one of my cables on the 24 pin. Is it possible to solder it back together? Or do I need to find a replacement cable/buy a new psu?

If you have to ask the question, then the answer to the first question is a hard no. So yes, replacement cable -- and it must be for the exact PSU as modular cables are not universal on the PSU side -- or a new PSU.

Dec 25, 2021
Not really safe thing to do even if you are good with soldering. If the PSU is fully modular then buying new 24 pin cable is definitely best option (just make sure it is compatible with your PSU model). If it's not fully modular then you have a problem.
I’ve tried to find the right cable but I couldn’t find it anywhere else than AliExpress. Contacted Cooler Master about it but that might take a while.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Getting the exact right cable or a new PSU are the options.

Given how mediocre (and occasionally much worse) a lot of Cooler Master PSUs are, there's certainly a possibility you ought to get a new one anyway, depending on what exact PSU and specs you have.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS