Broken but fixable FireGL X1. how do i?

ThePooBurner

Distinguished
May 31, 2004
I bought a "junk card" of e-bay for $15 then ended up actually being a broken FireGL X1 128mb. I found what is broken on it. Someone, for some reason, took some transisters off of the back of it. I think that if some new ones were put in there place the card woudl work. The problem is I don't know where to find out the proper voltage/resistances of the transister i would need to buy, and i don't know where exactly to buy them. I tried to get ATI to do an RMA on it, but cause i wasn't the origional buyer the warrenty for that doesn't apply to me. Anyone know where i woudl be able to find out the information i need? the transisters are in the areia of the back of the card near the bottom by the connection/slot in about teh area show by the ascii drawing. The 2 top X's are just to the right of the spot marked TP7. There are 2 transisters missing at the bottom X, and 4 missing from the area of the 2 top X's. Like this. The hyphon and slashes are transisters that are still there.

- X X X |
TP7
       X       |180|

____
___________________________________________|
|                                                                    |__
|                                                                    |D |
|                                                                    | V|
|                                                                    |_I|
|                                                                    |
|                                                                    |__
|                                                                    |D |
|                                                                    | V|
|                                                                    |_I|
|                                     XX                           |
|_____    _           _         _X          ____________|
     __|__| |_____| |____| |______|
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
-ThePooBurner

MrPanther0

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
Man i dont know what to tell you, other than to find another similar radeon based counterpart for this board and scavenge those.

But damn fine text drawing i must say.

ThePooBurner

Distinguished
May 31, 2004
dang. I am trying ATI's RMA thing again. This time i was actually able to find the 102 part number for it. Turns out it is a system pull from a Dell workstation. since it is basically a souped up 9700 pro, i guess i can just get an om meter and check out the resistances on those things on my 9700 that i have in my system. though i still won't know how to get them ones i fnd out how much juice i need to let through. Thanks though.

As for the drawing, Thanks. It only took me an hour or so to get just right :) i wanted to make sure that whoever saw this would have as much as they needed to go on to help me. I used to do ascii drawings for fun. somewhere on my home computer i have a TXT file full of 3D polygons drawn in \'s. I had gotten board one afternoon :)

blackphoenix77

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2004
Haha, you broke your expensive graphics card. *points and laugh a little more*

<b><font color=red> ATI 9600Pro </font color=red></b>
<b><font color=green> AthlonXP-M 2500+ OC'd 3200+ </font color=green></b>
<b><font color=blue> Abit NF7-S </font color=blue></b>
<b><font color=black> 2x256MB Corsair PC3200 </font color=black></b>

ThePooBurner

Distinguished
May 31, 2004
Actually i bought it for 15$ on e-bay. The seller had no idea what it was or if it worked. It was a system pull from a Dell Precision workstation. So i am only out 15$ if i can't fiugre out how to fix it. :) so you can stop laughing now. It doesn't make you look good ;)