[SOLVED] Broken cap

Nov 28, 2020
Hey guys I’m new here on this group. So anyways I was taking out my gpu and what I thought was the little plastic pci slot lockdown was actually a cap and it broke right off. Long story short the computer works fine so far and I’m not quite sure what the compactor is for. I don’t care if it’s on there or not, I would just like to have a piece of mind on what it’s for. This is an hp pavilion 500-023w motherboard. It says pce607 next to where the cap was. And the cap says “E 353 820 2.5v” on top. Thank you for any help guys!

Picture of where the cap was

Solution
Sometimes you can get lucky and that cap doesn't do much and the board will work just fine, I'd put your system under load, and see if its stable, put the GPU underload and do some storage speed tests. if the system passes, I wouldn't worry about it.
Sometimes you can get lucky and that cap doesn't do much and the board will work just fine, I'd put your system under load, and see if its stable, put the GPU underload and do some storage speed tests. if the system passes, I wouldn't worry about it.

Solution