[SOLVED] Broken Cosmos S Power Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbarian Roman

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2012
Hi everyone, I have a Coolermaster Cosmos S. I'm not exactly sure on the exact model but it is one of the older COSMOS cases probably from the mid to late 2000s (10-15 years old). Recently I was upgrading my motherboard and CPU and after the upgrade my power button doesn't work anymore. I am using the supplied 24 pin motherboard power adapter (for the yellow/black/blue wires) and made sure everything is hooked up correctly but the power button still doesn't work. As I can jump start the motherboard with a screwdriver AND the jumpers on the Cosmos power button PCB where the black and red wire connects (see pic), I am fairly sure it is the actual PCB or touch sensitive button attached to the PCB that is at fault. I looked for spare PCB board on eBay with no luck and contacted Coolermaster with no response. I am wondering if there is a way to fix the PCB itself or the broken touch sensitive button. It had been giving me some problems in the past but was recently working fine till I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. I'm almost positive I have everything hooked up correctly. I turned off the power supply to take a better pic but all the red lights light up and everything so the power button PCB is clearly getting power. I can always start the PC with a screwdriver but it's kinda annoying, but still really like the case and don't wanna get rid of it.

See pic here: https://ibb.co/k8bBSYg

Solution
1pcs-computer-Metal-LED-Power-Push-Button-Switch-On-off-5V-12mm-16mm-19mm-22mm-Waterproof.jpg
Status
Not open for further replies.