[SOLVED] Broken display on laptop and external monitor not working, install drivers ??

Mar 23, 2021
So I have a laptop with a broken display, I used to have windows 10 on it but I found it a bit slow so I wanted to make a fresh install. I wiped the hdd and when I tried to install windows 10 the external monitor was not working. So I took out the hdd from this laptop and I put it in an other laptop and I installed the windows like this. The external monitor on this is working fine but the problem is that when I put it back the hdd in the broken display laptop the external monitor still not working so like that I can't install the vga driver which is nees for it to work. I tried with the good laptop's driver but still nothing, I tried using vnc server but I think when I put the hdd back in it's laptop then the wlan driver is not working either cuzz it's not his component. what should I do?

D

Deleted member 14196

What you have done is completely invalid you cannot set up windows on a separate computer and expected to work in another one once you transplant it. You will need a monitor that works obviously

I would use the laptop screen and install windows 10 cleanly that means formatting the hard drive and reinstalling windows from scratch and then it should work fine

As Mandark says, you can't install Windows on one laptop then move that installation to a different machine.

For a working display to enable you to install Windows on your laptop you will have to get the laptop screen repaired (external monitor will only work after Windows has been installed).

You may want to consider your options --- screen repair or new laptop -- depending on available funds.

D

Deleted member 14196

but why can't I move the hdd from one pc to another? the windows should boot. It becomes tied to the hardware on that PC?
Because when window sets itself up it’s configured to the specific hardware in your device and your other laptop is not an exact duplicate. and that’s why it doesn’t work. It thinks it has different hardware to work with

Mar 23, 2021
then how could I install windows on that laptop with broken display if it doesn't recognize my external monitor? I have to do it somehow because it's not even mine, I accepted to do it for a friend