Broken Fridge: How to FIx

Oct 9, 2018
Hi everybody. The fridge in my cafe is broken. The electric block is not working. The fridge worked less than a year. Still on a guarantee. Cause was a sudden power surge and we didn't have the stabillizer. So everything started working after we turned the fuses on, exept the fridge. Repairer did not handle it so i need your help. Anybody knows who can make refrigeration repair? Fast and qualitively and i don't care about price.

Oct 9, 2018

Hmm, thanks!

Yeah, this isn't really THAT kind of forum. I'd suggest that your best starting point would be to find the forum for your brand of appliance. Whirlpool for example has really good forums with lots of professional members that are willing to offer advice. I'm sure others might be the same depending on what brand it is and what country you are in.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I would start by looking for the service number that came with the appliance in your paperwork. You will need the model number and serial #, as well as original purchase receipt or proof of registration.

In most cases they will send a person to determine the issue and cause, see if that was within the terms of the warranty. Generally it will cover parts and not labor, and the repair man may charge a service call for the initial visit as well.
I had to pay the man to come fix an appliance of mine, the manufacturer sent him the part to do the repair.

That really depends. Pretty much every GOOD product I've ever bought, including washers, dryers, refrigerators, microwaves, etc., all covered labor as well as parts so long as it was still within the warranty period. Reading the warranty and user manual will tell you the specifics of your warranty or you can visit the manufacturers website. They typically have a full outline of warranty policy for all products they sell, unless they are a really shady company.